St. Hugh welcomes and congratulates you in your decision to receive the Sacrament of Matrimony, a holy covenant of which bride and groom are the ministers and the priest a witness on behalf of the Church (CDC 1623, 1630). We pray that you grow in love throughout your life and become a true reflection of the love Christ has for His bride, the Church.
TO CELEBRATE YOUR WEDDING AT ST. HUGH
The wedding date is to be reserved in person at least six (6) months in advance. Call the parish office and make an appointment to meet with the priest for the pre-nuptial interview. Please take into account the following when you do:
- If both of you are members of a different parish, a letter of permission from that parish is needed in order to be married at St. Hugh.
- If one of the two was baptized in a different Christian church (not Catholic), his/her baptismal certificate from that church is needed.
- If one of the two is not baptized, please bring a copy of his/her birth certificate.
- If either one (or both) has been previously married, please make an appointment to see the priest before setting a date.
The pre-nuptial interview will allow you to
- Get to know one another better.
- Review the elements of preparation.
- Discuss the necessary paperwork required by both the Church and the State.
- Obtain the contact information of the mentor couples in order to complete the Fully Engaged inventory and marriage preparation course.
- Take part in the Marriage Preparation Group Program (either Transformed in Love or Camino). Information can be obtained at Miami Archdiocese Marriage Preparation, in the Archdiocese’s website.
- Attend the Natural Family Planning class.
We invite you to actively participate in the parish by attending Sunday Mass, and making the sacraments and the Catholic faith a foundation of your future together.
Although it is not required in the Archdiocese of Miami, if you are a baptized Catholic, but not yet confirmed, you may want to participate in the RCIA program, a formation program for adults, in order to receive this sacrament, as you may need it in the future. Preparation does not need to be completed before your wedding date.
It is recommended that you receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation before your wedding. The priest will discuss options for receiving this sacrament.
Once you have completed your preparation, the priest will review your experience with you and discuss your readiness to enter into marriage. He will also complete all the necessary paperwork for both Church and State and confirm the date and details.
SCHEDULING, FEES AND NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION
- Weddings at St. Hugh can be scheduled for Friday evenings at 7 pm (except during Lent), and Saturdays at 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm and 7 pm.
- A deposit is required. Make check payable to St. Hugh Catholic Church. Balance is payable before the wedding. Contact the office for information.
- You will need a legal copy of the original Certificate of Baptism for the bride and groom. These certificates must have been issued within the last six (6) months. Photo copies or scanned copies are not accepted. Also please present copies of the Certificates for First Communion. If you have received Confirmation, present a copy of that certificate also.
- Plan and reserve the date for your wedding rehearsal. All wedding rehearsals take place between noon and 5 pm on the Thursday before the wedding. Contact the office at 305-444-8363, to schedule the rehearsal time and make final arrangements for the liturgy and ceremony.
- One month prior to the wedding date, you must bring the valid Florida Marriage License to the Parish Office. The Marriage License can be obtained at:
Harvey Ruvin Clerk of the Courts, 601 N.W. 1st Ct., Suite 1900, Miami, FL 33136; or at Coral Gables District Court, 3100 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, FL 33134.
St. Hugh is well-known for our excellent musicians. Only they are allowed to perform at weddings. An organist is included in the wedding fee. If you would like to make arrangements for singers and/or other instrumentalists for an additional fee, please contact our Music Director Roberto Berrocal, firstname.lastname@example.org, who will provide guidance regarding musical selections.
You may see and hear some of our musicians.
Martín Nusspaumer & María Antúnez
St. Hugh offers the possibility of having your wedding live streamed for family members and friends unable to attend. For information, please contact the office at 305-444-8363.
GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHER / VIDEOGRAPHER / FLORIST:
The Sacrament of Matrimony is a religious ceremony. Therefore, care should be taken at all times to respect and not disrupt the sanctity of the ceremony being held at St. Hugh. Please comply with the following guidelines that appear in the agreement.
It is suggested that the bride and groom coordinate with the photographer and/or videographer about any special wishes for photographs/videos prior to the wedding date, as many of these wishes must be coordinated with the priest who will be celebrating the marriage, and thus avoid last minute inconveniences; especially if movie cameras and lights will be used.
- Be respectful and discreet while taking pictures during the ceremony.
- Refrain from taking pictures during the Consecration and do not enter the Sanctuary area at any time.
- Take pictures of the bride and groom at the altar – for about 15 minutes – after the religious ceremony is over.
- An aisle runner in the center aisle of the church is not permitted. Throwing petals, rice, soap bubbles, etc is ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are confident that with your professionalism, expertise and compliance to the above stated guidelines, all of the arrangements for this special Sacrament will be remembered for years to come by the bride, groom, family and all attendees.