- STREAM Lab Program allows students to learn key STREAM principles and robotics concepts, such as: creating computer programs which help them learn to collaborate with others, develop problem-solving skills, persisting through difficult tasks, programming concepts, computational thinking, digital citizenship, development of interactive games or stories they can share. Students will create Robot Virtual Worlds, which stimulate environments designed to help students learn how to program.
- The Reading Raiders Program focuses on assisting students so that they are able to reach their highest potential in reading. This program provides students with daily reading instruction in a small group environment. Additional Programs offered: IXL, Accelerated Reader and Mathletics. A new accelerated Reading Raiders program targets high performing students. Accelerated Reading Raiders is an Honors ELA curriculum for the 3rd-5th-grade students.
- NeuroNet is a research-based learning readiness program designed to help students develop fluency in essential reading, math, and handwriting skills.
- Accelerated (Honors) classes in ELA, math and science. Small class size instruc- tion for middle school. Algebra 1 and Spanish dual enrollment program is also offered for high school credit.
- Electives in Middle School include: Musical Theater, Video Production, Speech and debate.
- Recess Program.
- Parent Education Series: Monthly Presentations/Parents Discussions with Dr. J.Mallet.
- Parent Education Series: Monthly Presentations/Parents Discussions with Dr. J.Mallet: School Counselor. Topics include:
– Bullying: Strategies for Parents and Student to Prevent Becoming a Victim”
– “Social Media: The Promises and Dangers of Technology”
– “Internet and Gaming Addictions in Children: It’s for Real”
– “Is it ADHD or Something Else? Helping to Understand the Symptoms with Accurate Diagnosis”
– Parenting Children for Success In School (Pre-K through 5th Grade)
– Parenting Children for Success in School (Middle School)
– Discipline and Behavioral Modification: What are we Teaching our Children?”
– “Parenting Children Through Divorce: Healthier Approaches”
– Other Topics