Physical Education Course Description:
Physical Education is an important part of the total educational program. Students participate in physical activities that allow them to develop an understanding of the physical abilities of themselves and others. Students become aware of the social benefits of physical activity through participation. The mental and emotional benefits of physical activity become evident when an active role in physical activity is encouraged.
The total development of students is the goal of the educational system. Physical Education is a vital part in reaching this goal. A variety of activities are incorporated into the physical education program. Activities vary from creative movement to lifetime sports. The age level of the individuals is a factor determining what activity is to be provided, but the outcome at any level should be the same.
All students have the need and right to enjoy the benefits of physical activity. Through a creative and well-rounded physical education program, students will benefit.
We at St Hugh provide a happy and safe Catholic environment that promotes learning. Students are required to abide by all school and classroom rules and procedures. This includes both written and oral directions and regulations. In addition to the rules stated in the Parent/Student handbook, students are expected to follow the class expectations listed below:
- Participate in class: Students are expected to participate during the entire class period.
– Students who put forth the effort will develop the skills needed to do well in class.
– Class time consists of 30 minutes.
- Positive Attitude/Behavior:
– Students must exhibit a positive attitude and good behavior every day.
– Respect for teacher, classmates, and themselves.
– Students will be introduced to new games and skills. Everyone is on different levels. Bullying and humiliation will NOT be tolerated!
– Students must always show good character and act appropriately to receive full credit.
- Dress out: Students are expected to dress out with their PE uniform and sneakers every class period.